Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!!


I hope that you and your family are having a safe and fun 4th of July, for those of you who are American, or live in the USA. For the rest of you, Happy Friday!

Today is such a special day for me, and for my family. My dad and his dad were both in the Air Force, and I have a brother and brother-in-law who used to be in the Navy. I currently have a brother in the Army. I'm very proud of those associations. I am grateful to all those who have died, down through the centuries, to preserve our freedom. I am so grateful to all of the men and women who are currently serving in our Armed Forces. I am grateful to have been born in a country with such freedoms, and at such a time too! But most of all, I am grateful to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, for dying on the cross, giving His life, so that I might be free. I am thankful for my husband, and my two boys. I am thankful for my husband's job that allows wonderful benefits for our family. I am thankful for both sets of parents, hubby's and mine. I am thankful for so much today, as I think of the sacrifices that have been made for me, and for my country.

What are you thankful for today?
****************************************
Today, I'm excited to announce the winner of the giveaway from Moondog Cottage:

Kathleen @ Katydid & Kid.


Congratulations!!!!


Have a GREAT 4th of July!!!!

5 comments:

julie king said...

i'm thankful to still have my dad with us. he served in the army during the occupation of japan after ww2 as a part of general macarthur's honor guard. he was assigned to travel with and guard macarthur's wife and son. we have photos that my dad took of them. what a wonderful and proud piece of out family history!

The Downtown Boutique said...

Julie, what a wonderful piece of history, and what an awesome tribute. Please thank your father for us, for fighting for our country. Thank you so much for sharing that!

Angie

Unknown said...

Congrats to Kathleen! Woo woo!

Angie, I need you to email your prize preference to me. Let me know if your prefer your gift card to be sent via email (which gives you a code) or by snail mail. Email me at: kjmt42@sbcglobal.net

If you already did this, I didn't see it in my email.

I'm glad that you are anxious to have a shopping spree!

Hugfully, KJ

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for bloggers who mention the name of Jesus!=)

The Downtown Boutique said...

Thank you Amy. I appreciate hearing that.

Angie