Friday, July 25, 2008

It's Camping Time!


Nearly every summer for the past 40 years, my hubby's family has gone camping at the same lake. The only year they can remember NOT going, is 2004, when hubby and I got married. So now, it's become a continuing tradition for our little family too. We will be going for four nights, and we have my dad flying in to go with us. My mother and father in law, my sister in law and nephew, and my best friend, her husband, and their three kids are going too.

I think it's going to be a lot of fun. We cook a yummy meal every night. This time around we're doing Hamburgers & Hot Dogs (of course!!!), Steak and the trimmings, BBQ Chicken and the trimmings, and Tacos with the trimmings. Yes, we cook everything on propane powered Coleman camp stoves. Yes, we do dishes after each meal. Yes, it's a lot of work, but it's a lot of fun too!

We typically take about 5-7 different games to play up there, including Apples to Apples, Tossup, Skip-Bo, and more. We take the stuff to make s'mores each night. We do have quarter operated showers, and flushable toilets, so I'm a "happy camper". We take rafts and floats and life vests, and we all swim in the lake. Everything gets dirty, but we don't care. We take fishing poles and do a little fishing when we can. Two years ago, my sister and I were the only ones who caught, and there were 5 guys fishing with us!!!

Here's a photo of where we go each year. I cannot disclose the name of the lake, because it's already REALLY hard to get a good space! We had to reserve next year's spot in May of this year! For 2010, we have to call on January 1st of 2009, and try to get in amongst the myriads of people who are all trying to get the sweetest spots. Cross your fingers and say a prayer for us. We want to be right next to the water in 2010!!!


So, now because I'm thinking about nothing but camping, I wanted to share some great finds from Etsy.com that have to do with camping. If you click on each photo, it will take you to that person's shop.



We'll see you when we get back! Don't forget to enter to win the Amazon.com gift card! Don't forget to answer the poll on the right hand sidebar. Don't forget to check back soon, because we will be having a great giveaway in the first part of August!


Have a great weekend!
Angie

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, how I miss camping. After my husband served time in the Marines, he kind of lost his enthusiasm for camping. Me, I was a Girl Scout, tried and true...

I need your help with something. A friend of mine is launching a blog called Spiritual Sundays. I was able to tweak your picture link code to make one for her. But, how do you get a little paste box for codes. I looked in blogger and didn't see anything like that. Could you enlighten me please? I'm trying to help her out.

Thanks!
KJ

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I hope you have a wonderful time!!

ThreadBeaur said...

I just got back from camping too! Oh how I love s'mores! yum!

OMB said...

That's one thing that I haven't done in a few years. I enjoy camping!! I love the s'mores bracelet!!!

The Downtown Boutique said...

Oh, and the s'mores were so good too! Amazingly enough, I came back weighing LESS than I weighed before we went! And I ate a LOT more than I normally do! I guess it's because we were chasing a 20 month old all over the place, and because we were in the lake a lot.