Today's Friday Feature is all about the kiddos....and cool things for kids! We are featuring Kristen from "Very KIKI" on Etsy.com. Kristen has a shop that makes you wish you had little munchkins, if you don't. Her children's clothing line is so fun and very cool!
Without further ado, let's hear more about Kristen and her shop:
TDB: When did you first start making kid’s clothing, and why?
Kristen: I started making kid’s clothing a little over a year ago. I began by making gifts for family members. One day I put a few items on Etsy to see how they would sell and people seemed to like what I was making so it really just took off from there.
TDB: What inspires you to create?
Kristen: It changes all the time. Sometimes random ideas pop into my head. Other times I’ll come across a fabric I’ve never seen before and I can’t stop thinking about it until I make something with it.
TDB: When you’re not creating, what are you doing?
Kristen: I’m a Middle School Social Studies teacher by day and I run my Etsy shop evenings and weekends. If I have any free time I usually spend it with friends and family. I also can usually be found watching baseball, reading sewing books, drinking coffee, and walking my dog.
TDB: If you had three wishes, what would they be?
Kristen: 1. Good health for my family and friends.
2. For veryKIKI to turn into a full time business.
3. To be able to eat all the cake I want without gaining weight!
TDB: To what do you think you can attribute your Etsy success? (Besides of course, your gorgeous products!)
Kristen: I think that I’m offering a quality product at a reasonable price. Also, pictures are key. People can’t hold your product in their hands so you have to represent it as clearly as possible in your pictures. I find that my pictures come out best when I take them near a sunny window.
TDB: What are three random things about you that people might not know.
Kristen: 1. I like hard-boiled eggs in my salad.
2. I love getting up early in the morning.
3. I am obsessed with ironing every article of clothing that I have.
TDB: What is your best-selling item?
Kristen: The owl and the necktie are definitely the most popular.
Now for the fun part. Kristen has generously offered to give away any one item from her shop! If you want to enter to win, here's what you need to do:
1. Go visit "Very KIKI", then come back here and leave a comment about your favorite item from Kristen's shop. Please make sure you leave a VALID email address with your comment.
2. Earn an extra entry by Twittering about the giveaway. Please Twitter to @dwntownboutique. Come back here and leave a separate comment about your Twitter.
3. Earn another extra entry by blogging about the giveaway. Please leave a separate comment with the link to your blog post.
This giveaway is open worldwide. Deadline to enter is Thursday, May 14th at 11:59 PST. We will announce the winner at some point on Friday the 15th. Don't forget to leave that email address!!!
Have a great weekend, and Happy Mothers' Day to all you wonderful, wonderful moms out there!